Posted on March 6, 2020
Steps For Netgear Genie Smart Setup
Netgear genie is a wonderful app that allow user to manage network as well as troubleshoot network issues in the simplest form possible. Netgear genie setup provides you facility of changing wireless setting, checking status of devices connected to available wifi network, block or unblock website, check current internet speed that one is getting from service provider etc. Installation and setup of Netgear genie is so simple, you just have to follow some simple steps and your work is done.
Steps For Netgear Genie Smart Setup:
- Power on your Netgear WiFi Range Extender and wait until the power LED turns solid green.
- Take your wifi enabled devices whether it is computer, laptop, Smartphone or tablet and click on wifi option.
- You will get a list of available wifi network.
- Connect your device with the network named NETGEAR_EXT.
- Once your device is connected with the network open any web browser and the web browser automatically redirects you to Netgear Genie smart setup guide page.
- If the web browser not redirects you to the Netgear genie smart page, then do not panic. Type www.mywifiext.net in the address bar of web browser and press enter.
- Provide the username/ password and click on enter button.
- Netgear Genie setup page will appear.
- Click on New extender setup button.
- Follow the on screen instruction to complete your Netgear genie smart setup.
- At last, click on finish button.
Features Of Netgear Genie App
- This app allows you to monitor and control the network settings of your home through Smartphone or tablets.
- Smoothly stream music and video files through My Media in your network.
- By using this app you can easily get prints from phones or iPads by adding Air Print compatibility to any printer.
- You can secure your connection with a QR code, with EZ mobile connect feature.
- This app also provides parental control. So you can keep an eye on your kid’s internet activity.
- This app allows you to monitor the WiFi Analytics of your network using the WiFi Analytics Feature.
- By using this app you can debug any issues in the network.